Friday 16 November 2012

Lancôme Hydra Zen Neurocalm SPF15 Day and Nuit Creams

I'm a huge fan of Lancome products, especially the mascaras and a few months back I purchased a few products and got a gift which included two 15ml pots of the Hydra Zen Neurocalm moisturizing creams. I have to point out that I don't usually use these creams - I flit between No 7 Protect and Perfect and L'Oreal Revitalift. However, I'm currently in America working for 6 months and ran out of my large pot of No 7 so I decided to try out these 15ml pots of Lancome Hydra Zen.

The full titles of these creams are:

1. Hydra Zen Neurocalm SPF 15 - Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturizing Cream Fluid SPF15

"Hydra Zen, skincare that neutralizes the effects of emotional and environmental stress on the skin, soothes and provides comfort to stressed and dehydrated skin."


2.  Hydra Zen Nuit Neurocalm - Soothing Replenishing Night Cream

"The exclusive NeuroCalm™ skin-soothing concept neutralises the effects of emotional and environmental stress on the skin, soothing and replenishing it during the night."


I've been using these creams for a few weeks now and must say they are actually much better than I expected. Many people seem to like the smell, but for me this is the downside to these creams - they smell very floral (rose) and I actually find it very strong. The pots are nice but I'd prefer frosted glass like the No 7 creams. I like the pink though - very cute and looks nice. The cream is also a very pale pink color.
The product itself appears to do what it says - it does feel very calming and soothing and it does a good job at keeping dry skin at bay - something which I seem to suffer with as it gets cooler. I find that this moisturizer causes me to break out quite frequently but my skin is definitely softer than when using No 7 - it also feels a little lighter than the No 7. I also really like the fact that the day cream has SPF15 - as someone with really pale skin this is really a positive for me. It definitely makes my skin glow and it looks more radiant but I don't like the cream as a base for make-up - my foundation doesn't seem to look as good when I have this cream on my skin - maybe the cream makes my skin a bit slippery?
The Nuit/ Night cream is also very good but I've been waking up with my eyes stinging really badly but maybe this is just me putting it way too close to my eye area.

These creams are very pricey - day cream is £38 on the Boots website for 50ml and night cream is £40 for 50ml. I like the creams but I'm really not sure they are worth that amount of money. I really think the No 7 cream is better value for money and it doesn't break me out.
I'm really glad I got to try these creams in 15ml sample size (see picture) but I don't think I'll be re-purchasing...there are creams out there that do just as good a job at a much lower price.


No comments:

Post a Comment