Saturday 10 November 2012

Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur

I've been wanting to blog about this product for ages....I don't see many reviews of this product but I think its absolutely fantastic.

This is an express cleansing solution for face, eyes and lips - meaning you don't have to use a separate cleanser to remove eye make-up.

On the Lancome website it's described as:

"Express make-up removing efficacy and optimal tolerance in a veil of freshness.
All skin types, even sensitive. Wipe off. A transparent and high potency water gently liberates the skin from impurities and toxins deep inside. Used by make-up artists, the micellar technology allows perfect make-up removal with optimal tolerance in a burst of freshness. It’s extremely gentle formula can even be used to remove eye and lips makeup"


For once I would actually agree 100% with this description, it definitely does what it says! For a long time I used the Dior Purifying Cleansing Milk but I really prefer the Lancome product as it feels like your cleansing your face with a much lighter formula (probably because its water and not a milk or cream).



The only downside to this product is the price as for a 200ml bottle its £21.00 at Boots.com and £34.00 for a 400ml. I use this product every day so I purchase the 400ml bottle - this lasts me about 5-6 months on average, using a cotton pad and 2-3 pumps of liquid to remove all make-up, depending on how heavy it is. The product cleanses and tones so I factor this in when justifying the cost. I used to use face wipes and I found these difficult to remove eye make-up - in contrast, this product glides over the eyes and removes all make-up even gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara, ensuring I don't wake up in the morning with panda eyes. I also have really sensitive skin and I'm prone to major break-outs if a product is too scented or heavy. This product smells nice (quite rosy but very pleasant) and is very sensitive on the skin - it doesn't at all clog my pores like the Dior cleansing milk did. Using this product really speeds up my morning and evening routines, which is always a bonus!
I'm not sure how well this product would work for someone with quite oily skin though (mine tends to lean on the dry side), it does make my skin look very dewy (which I actually like) giving me the perfect base to then apply my moisturizer and foundation - but if you have oily skin it may make you look quite greasy when applying make-up afterwards. I take this product everywhere with me - putting some liquid in travel size bottles for holidays. Its also great for removing make-up quickly after a late night. This truly is a great product, which I'm so glad to have found - gentle and very refreshing!

Overall, its a really effective product which feels nice on the skin but it is very pricey!

Hayley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment